The Monday Morning driven initiative Sustainia is giving 10 students the opportunity to join the event “Take Lead 2012: The Road to Sustainia” on June 4th from 8:30AM till 5:30PM in Copenhagen.
TOPICS OF THE DAY
- How do we ensure sustainable economic growth?
- How do we track global sustainable development?
- Which role do cities and regions play in the future of sustainable development?
- How does the carbon neutral capital “Copenhagen anno 2025” look?
These are some of the questions that participants at the event will be debating.
Furthermore, two brand new publications highlighting different aspects of sustainability will be revealed;
The Sustainia Guide to Copenhagen 2025 and The Sustainia Index.
On the day you will be joining thought-leaders within sustainable economic development from the academia as well as the public and private sector, here amongst;
- Graham Hill, Founder of TreeHugger
- Thomas Kerr, Director & Head of Climate Change Initiatives in the World Economic Forum
- Philipp Rode, Executive Director for Cities Programme at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Jacqueline McGlade, Professor and Executive Director at the European Environment Agency
- Frank Jensen, Lord Mayor City of Copenhagen
- Margrethe Auken, Member of European Parliament
- Charles Nielsen, Director for R&D at DONG Energy
- Ray Pinto, Senior Government Affairs Manager for Microsoft Europe
- Flemming Borreskov, CEO of Realdania
- Cristina Martinez Fernandez, Senior Policy Analyst at the OECD
- Jarl Krausing, Senior Environmental Specialist within Climate Change in the World Bank
To apply for a spot, send a motivational e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org of no more than a 150 words describing who you are and why you would like to attend this event.
DEADLINE: April 30th
Sustainia is a vision for the sustainable society based on concrete and tangible know-how and technologies. It’s a global collaborative platform for those who have the solutions to build a sustainable future.
Read more on http://www.sustainia.me/
The event on facebook