We are looking for a Student Assistant to help in our team. This is a great opportunity for you to build detailed knowledge of financial products and financial markets by becoming part of the control organisation.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join PBC Rates, Structures and Finance, where we are responsible for Sales reporting as well as trading profit & loss reporting, controlling and analyses across Nordea Markets. We service and engage with a large number of stakeholders and are required to be flexible and innovative in our daily work.
What you’ll be doing:
- We are looking for ambitious and competent students who will be engaged in our daily reporting and control processes.
- As our future colleague your main responsibilities will be:
- Taking ownership of all facets of the controlling, reporting and analysing of the daily profit loss (P&L) on Rates, Structuring and Equity Finance trading desks within Nordea Markets.
- You will furthermore participate in producing comments for the weekly PL Explain reporting.
- Running controls and validation checks against our inbound and outbound data flows and analysing profit and loss drivers
- Engaging stakeholders with regular and ad-hoc queries
- Helping to develop value adding practical solutions to improve both the efficiency and quality of our reporting.
The role is based in Copenhagen, and the weekly working time will be 20 hours. We support a well-balanced life but recognize that our work at times demand extra efforts and be willing to have flexible work hours depending on peeks in the workload. We will naturally also take your scheme and upcoming exams etc. into consideration when planning the work.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
We are looking for a candidate that has a strong business mindset with good understanding of financial products, financial markets and trading strategies, either from university studies or on-the-job experience.
- You are proactive and willing to speak up, and propose initiatives and ideas based upon your ability to analyse complex issues.
- You will be studying a relevant degree in the fields of business, economics, finance or accounting, and we expect the ideal candidate to have 1-2 years remaining before finalising your studies.
- You should have strong communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Prior work experience within financial services is advantageous but not a requirement.
- Proficiency in VBA, SQL and Python is an advantage.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than The 30th April 2019
For more information about the position, please contact Suvi Pellikka +358 50 5390776
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Husk at nævne, at du har set jobbet på Altandetlige.dk