Question to former cand. polit Economics students

Svar på indlæg
Af Marleen Pol @ 21 apr. 2017 11:14

Hi everyone,

I have a few short questions to former Danish and international Economics (and/or Finance) students who obtained their Master of Science at Københavns Universitet.
If you are graduated less than 2 years ago, and you are currently employed or looking for a job, please consider my following questions:
- How important were your final grades (and/or average grade) in obtaining your job or in your search for a job?
- Did you experience any difficulties with getting invited for an interview / selection process due to not having high enough grades?
Also people who found a job very quickly are very welcome to respond! I would like to hear your experiences! 

If you feel like you want to help me out, by answering these questions, please contact me:
email: jqn231@alumni.ku.dk
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marleen.pol.7

Thanks a lot! 
Marleen Pol 

Svar og citér
Marleen Pol

Marleen Pol

Antal indlæg: 3
Medlem siden: d. 21. april
Af Frederik Munk @ 20 maj 2017 00:48

Marleen Pol sagde:

Hi everyone,

I have a few short questions to former Danish and international Economics (and/or Finance) students who obtained their Master of Science at Københavns Universitet.
If you are graduated less than 2 years ago, and you are currently employed or looking for a job, please consider my following questions:
- How important were your final grades (and/or average grade) in obtaining your job or in your search for a job?
- Did you experience any difficulties with getting invited for an interview / selection process due to not having high enough grades?
Also people who found a job very quickly are very welcome to respond! I would like to hear your experiences! 

If you feel like you want to help me out, by answering these questions, please contact me:
email: jqn231@alumni.ku.dk
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marleen.pol.7

Thanks a lot! 
Marleen Pol 

Dear Marleen,

These questions are tough to answer from an job seekers perspective. It is impossible to know which part of an application caused a potential rejection. Many interviewers would be hard pressed to admit that grades were too low in a feedback session. I doubt you will get any useful answers from this, as it will be based on potentially wrong impressions and hearsay.

You are basically trying to examine how demand behaves in a market by looking at the supply. You might have better luck asking these questions to recruiters.

Also, it will be hard to differentiate whether it was the high grades, or the intelligence and work ethic that got them in the first place, secured a job offer.

It is also strange to ask these questionnaire kind of questions without disclosing the context.

Svar og citér
Frederik Munk

Frederik Munk

Antal indlæg: 5
Medlem siden: d. 05. september 2011
Af Marleen Pol @ 20 maj 2017 08:39

Frederik Munk sagde:

Dear Marleen,

These questions are tough to answer from an job seekers perspective. It is impossible to know which part of an application caused a potential rejection. Many interviewers would be hard pressed to admit that grades were too low in a feedback session. I doubt you will get any useful answers from this, as it will be based on potentially wrong impressions and hearsay.

You are basically trying to examine how demand behaves in a market by looking at the supply. You might have better luck asking these questions to recruiters.

Also, it will be hard to differentiate whether it was the high grades, or the intelligence and work ethic that got them in the first place, secured a job offer.

It is also strange to ask these questionnaire kind of questions without disclosing the context.

Thank you Frederik.
I was just seeking to get some opinions and experiences from job seekers/graduates. I have had some very useful answers already from 2 KU alumni via Facebook. 
I could have provided you with more context concerning these questions, but I felt like I do not have to bother everyone with my personal situation (i.e. the reason why I am asking these questions). 

Svar og citér
Marleen Pol

Marleen Pol

Antal indlæg: 3
Medlem siden: d. 21. april