SOON-TO-GRADUATE ECONOMISTS FOR POSITIONS AT AN INTERNATIONAL CONSULTING FIRM
We are looking for talented economists with an interest in consulting who will soon complete their master’s degree in economics or finance and who have a keen interest in either microeconomics, quantitative analysis, analysing and advising on policy and regulation, or valuation matters and transfer pricing. We are looking to fill analyst positions, our entry-level role. Analysts typically join us after completing their master’s degree in economics.
You will be working from one of our offices in Brussels, Copenhagen, Helsinki, or Stockholm. The envisaged start date is around the beginning of 2024.
WHO ARE WE?
Copenhagen Economics is an economic consultancy formed of a diverse mix of highly skilled economists working together to deliver hard facts and clear stories. We develop economic analysis to support public and private clients concerning competition cases, policy debates, and impact assessments. Our work is project-based and always tailored to the specific needs of the client.
Like our clients, our work takes many shapes and forms. Typical projects include:
- Supporting a company to quantify the impact of a merger on consumers.
- Assessing the implications of regulatory changes on postal and delivery markets.
- Advising public and private sector clients on how to navigate the green transition.
- Health economic evaluation of new therapies and analysing how regulation affects the availability of innovative medicines in the healthcare sector.
- Supporting clients in determining the value of their intellectual property (e.g., brands or patents).
- Designing the remuneration structure for a company's global transfer-pricing system.
You can visit https://copenhageneconomics.com/publications/ to see examples of our work and read more about our different services at this link.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
You will work on a broad range of tasks within projects, including data collection, theoretical analysis, quantitative analysis, drafting reports, and communicating results to clients. Teamwork is a fundamental part of how we work, and you will have the opportunity to work closely with and learn from experienced colleagues to develop your economic toolbox and consulting skills. You will assume important responsibilities from the outset and can gain personal and professional experience.
Our work environment is international, trustful, and fast-paced. We take immense pride in delivering outstanding work but also in having fun in and outside of the office. You can visit us on Instagram to get a feel for our work culture: https://www.instagram.com/copenhageneconomics/.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You will soon complete your master’s degree in economics (or similar), or in finance if specifically applying for a role in our intellectual property and transfer-pricing service.
- As we are recruiting for entry-level positions, applicants with more than two years of relevant work experience or a PhD are encouraged to submit an unsolicited application instead.
- You have a particular interest in one or more of the following: microeconomics, industrial organisation, competition economics, health economics, environmental economics, valuation analysis and quantitative analysis.
- You are comfortable working in Excel.
- Experience with data analysis and modelling in R, Python, GAMS and/or Stata is an advantage.
- You are an effective communicator who is passionate not only about producing high-quality analysis but also about conveying it clearly in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Working proficiency in other languages, especially in one or more of the following languages, is considered an advantage but not a prerequisite: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- You are focused and pragmatic. You understand that the job of a consultant is not always to dig into every detail but to provide valuable analysis and advice, following deadlines and budgets.
- You are curious to learn about a variety of industries and are open to working on diverse types of projects.
- You like to solve problems and help people, both clients and colleagues.
- You seek out and take ownership of tasks and make sure they are followed through.
- You are available to work from one of our office locations and can relocate at your own expense, if necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like something for you, please send us your CV with a cover letter, academic transcripts, and other relevant material as soon as possible but no later than 28 May 2023, as we will interview candidates on an ongoing basis. In your cover letter, please elaborate on which kind of work you are most passionate about, why you would like to work with us and why you believe you would be a good fit for the role and our team.
You can apply using this link.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Helle Rindal (email@example.com).
We look forward to hearing from you!