Want to apply economics in consulting? Compass Lexecon is looking for bright analysts!
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our European Competition Practice provides expert economic advice on competition policy, economic and financial regulation, public policy and the assessment of damages in complex disputes. We are looking to hire economists to help us to provide advice to our clients on some of the most high-profile cases before the European Commission, the General Court and national competition authorities, regulators and courts.
We believe that working in diverse teams, where everybody’s views are considered and respected, helps us to deliver work of the highest standards of quality and integrity.
We are seeking to hire an Analyst to join Compass Lexecon’s growing Nordic team based in our Copenhagen office. The Analyst will start upon graduation and we are flexible on the starting date.
We pride ourselves with providing Analysts an opportunity to make a significant impact from day one. You will contribute to projects in a variety of ways, working closely with senior staff to understand the issues that face the client, relating those issues to relevant economic theory, and supporting the analysis with solid and persuasive empirical evidence.
In collaboration with colleagues across Europe, you will work on projects in the Nordic countries and beyond. You will also have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the growth of our Nordic business.
Benefits of working at Compass Lexecon
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- A steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- The opportunity to work together with international colleagues with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies, and academics
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities for training such as courses, secondments, office rotations, internal seminars, and conferences
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and contribute from day one
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative client data to better understand how competition works in their industry
- Reviewing economic literature and contributing to discussions about the theoretical and empirical approach
- Conducting empirical analysis using Excel, Stata, and other data analysis software
- Drafting reports which summarise the analyses
- Participating in client meetings and conference calls
- Master’s degree in economics from a leading University, ideally with a focus on microeconomics, industrial organisation, or econometrics
- We will also consider any relevant work experience (e.g. from a management consultancy, competition authority or ministry)
- A highly analytical mindset
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Danish, Swedish or Norwegian is desirable.
- Stata and Excel skills are also desirable, as are skills in other data analysis software packages