Want to experience applying economics in consulting during your studies? Compass Lexecon is looking for bright interns!
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our European Competition Practice provides expert economic advice on competition policy, economic and financial regulation, public policy and the assessment of damages in complex disputes. We are looking to hire economists to help us to provide advice to our clients on some of the most high-profile cases before the European Commission, the General Court and national competition authorities, regulators and courts.
We believe that working in diverse teams, where everybody’s views are considered and respected, helps us to deliver work of the highest standards of quality and integrity.
About the role:
We pride ourselves on providing Interns with an opportunity to make a significant impact from day one. As an Intern you will gain extensive hands-on experience of working at an economic consultancy. You will also contribute to cases in a variety of ways, working closely with senior staff to understand the issues that face the client, relating those issues to relevant economic theory, and supporting the analysis with solid and persuasive empirical evidence.
In collaboration with colleagues across Europe, you will work on projects in the Nordic countries and beyond, including the opportunity to contribute to large high-profile international cases.
Interns typically join us for 8-12 weeks at the end of their Bachelor’s studies or during their Master’s studies. Interns typically join over the summer period, but we are flexible and welcome applications for outside the summer period. Please indicate in your cover letter when you would be available to start your internship and for how long you would be interested in working.
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data to better understand how competition works in our clients’ industry
- Reviewing economic literature and contributing to discussions about the theoretical and empirical approach
- Conducting empirical analysis using Excel, Stata, and other data analysis software
- Drafting reports summarising analysis
- Participating in client meetings and conference calls
- Economics student from a leading faculty, ideally with a focus on microeconomics, industrial organisation and/or econometrics (either at the end of your Bachelor’s or during your Master’s)
- Highly analytical
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Danish, Swedish and/or Norwegian is desirable
- Stata and Excel skills desirable
Benefits of working at Compass Lexecon:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies and academics
- A steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- The opportunity to contribute from day one